Monday, February 22, 2010

Embellishment advice?

I was lucky to find buttons to embellish my Valentines Day bears, St. Patrick's Day bears and Patriot bears - but when I started looking WAY forward to Halloween I found myself out of luck. I couldn't believe it. No cute Halloween buttons - really?

I'm sharing my first improvisation on this post - the knitted piece of candy corn. What do you think?

Any other ideas? Please bear in mind that I am seriously NOT a talented knitter. I can only produce VERY easy items. Even though this candy corn was made by my own "pattern," we're talking about an unpatterned pattern anyway. Keyword: GUESSWORK.

The knitted candy corn pieces are approximately 1/2" wide by 1" long. Anything larger won't work well.

Suggestions are very welcome!

7 comments:

Malena said...

I think you are awesome!
Seriously, you inspired me to read more - and now I feel like knitting, thanks to you. Just like Jeni, who inspired me to cook. You ladies are just plain amazing!

Jane said...

Sweet! No pun intended :)

Jeni said...

It's cute how creative you've gotten with them. I can't wait to see the summer bikini bear.

How about making jack-o-lantern heads? Would that work?

CBM said...

i was thinking what jane said before i even looked at the comments! teehee! i love the candy corn. t-you are great!

LA and BD said...

What about a little black witch hat on their heads and a broomstick in their hands?

Or you might find Halloween buttons on Etsy?

Kerry Burleigh said...

amazing that you can do this stuff! love the candy corns!

abby's mom said...

I was thinking maybe ghosts, or the witch hat sounds cute. I will look at Enchanted cottage the next time I go there. I might find some buttons there.