Thursday, September 11, 2008

A little peace...

Chris Reuther, a dear friend to many, was murdered in late April of 2007 while en route to visit the University of Hawaii Law School. A local man, high on crystal methamphetamine, fatally punched Chris in the head on the night he arrived in Hawaii. Though more than a year has passed, we at EHP continue to deeply mourn the loss of our friend.

The sentencing of Chris' killer - announced yesterday - brought about a touch of closure, though I know it is no consolation to his mother...or the rest of us. I dream about Chris often. I catch myself taking second glances at my office doorway because I could swear he just whipped by to check his inbox. I remember the exact pitch of his voice, and his laugh. I will always miss him. Always.

No comments: