Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

As described in a previous post, Charlotte (Kile's daughter) is truly an angel. Unfortunately, the photos I took of her last weekend were almost exclusively snapped while she was in dreamland, but look at that sweet gorgeous face!



As perfectly described by Kile, Charlotte is currently in the "Why?" stage of her young life, but what is unique about Charlotte is that she often seems to think about what she's asking. It's not just, "Why is your name Tracey?" or "Why are you wearing those shoes?" Don't get me wrong, she asked me a gazillion questions, but most of them were entirely sensible and she remembered the details learned during her inquisitions well enough to associate them with later conversations.

For example, one of the first things that Charlotte learned about me is that I have two dogs, but that only one dog came with me to her house. After explaining to her that Bailey was spending the weekend with Kerry (fabulous woman and Bailey fan extraordinaire), she quizzed me. "What is Kerry's dog's name? How big is it? Does Zoe like Kerry's dog? Does Bailey like Kerry's dog? Do they love each other?" (All of these questions were covered on Friday).

On Saturday when she heard me talking about Bailey, she said, "But Bailey is at Kerry's house, with her dog, they're not here." Then later when she was telling me how Charlie and Esther are brother and sister, she said, "Like Zoe and Bailey."

While I realize this doesn't necessarily guarantee Charlotte a Mensa membership, I feel like she's pretty bright for a 3-year-old. I look forward to spending time with her (and the rest of the Stewarts) ASAP!

No comments: