Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Swingin' Wednesday Evening

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I exercise at Kerry's neighborhood gym between 4 and 5:30 p.m. While I get to work out in a fairly new, almost always empty gym; Kerry views my perk as a benefit to her because I often stop by the house afterwards. I'm really just an "extra" capable of entertaining Felton on the evenings when Robert has to work late or out of town, but I LOVE spending time with that boy. I love that when they come upon my car in the recreation center parking lot or in their driveway Felton yells, "Tracey's home!"

So spending Wednesday night with Kerry and the Burleigh kids was a true treat for me, as always. Felton enjoys playing on his swingset in the early evenings before dinner, so after my workout Kerry and I took Sydney and Felton out for a swing. I was surprised, not only to get a photo of Felton, but that he asked me to take it!


(By the way, pardon the photo quality, the photos posted here were taken with my mobile phone). The last time I tried to take a photo of Felton with my phone he began to bat it away with his fist while screaming, "No picture!" I guess the key on this occasion was that Felton saw me photographing Sydney, so he said, "I want to see Felton." ie. He really just wanted to see himself on my phone...not have his picture taken...so cute.

Sydney has a serious "stranger danger" complex so the fact that I can't see her every single day makes her a touch frightened of me, hence the absence of a smile in the photo posted here. In fact, Kerry told me that on Tuesday when it was pouring rain, she was wearing a rain coat with a hood - one that Sydney had not seen her in before. When Kerry opened the door and came around to get Sydney out of her car seat, the poor girl screamed in terror. She didn't even recognize her own mom!


One person Sydney always recognizes and watches with eager enthusiasm is her brother, Felton. Below is a photo of Felton pushing Sydney in her swing.


While it might be harder for members of Kerry's family, I find immense comfort in the fact that Felton looks so much like her late brother Kurt. He's got those "Bolstad" eyes. I think we're all still waiting to see who Sydney will favor, but no matter, both kids are beautiful just like their parents!

No comments: