Monday, January 26, 2009

Addictively commercial-free

Yes, I am one of those people who shamelessly “feeds the cable pig.” I love my wireless internet, digital cable and my new DVR.

I held off on adding the DVR for so long, but when I realized The Closer and 24 share the same time slot this season, I knew I had to cave. As an unexpected bonus, Time Warner’s “on-time guarantee” landed me with a $40 credit on my account because the technician was late for both of my recent appointments. That credit equates to free DVR installation and three months of free DVR service! Woohoo!

So the DVR was installed last Thursday, and I’ve already gone TiVo crazy. Think Sex and the City’s Miranda, but substitute Nip/Tuck, 24 and The Closer for Jules & Mimi.

Zipping through commercials gives me a ridiculous sense of power, not to mention a sense of peace due to the lack of “tv doorbells” which freak Zoe out. Additional top perks below.

No more missing Tar Heel hoops! Hurrah!

No more reaching the end of a 24 episode and thinking, “what the heck just happened?”

No more warp-speed dog-walking during commercial breaks.

Now I just have to resist becoming a slave to the remote. I fear my weakness!

4 comments:

Chapel Heel said...

I don't know where that old saying came from but if given a choice between sliced bread and the DVR, I'll gladly slice my own bread.

carolinagirl said...

We caved a couple of years ago, and we LOVE the DVR!!!

matt said...

Welcome to the future my dear!

CBM said...

yay! david mason is so proud of you!