Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Diggin' Redbox

So my friend Kathy convinced me to give Redbox a whirl, and I must say that even though I've only rented one movie thus far, the service appears to be quite a deal. I mean really, $1 (okay $1.07) for a 24 hour rental is fabulous! We all know the evil yellow and blue store charges nearly $5 for a one-night rental of a new release.

To sweeten the deal (for me at least), there are currently 4 redbox retailers within 6 miles or less from my house, and 3 of them offer online reservations of dvds as well.

So, I go to the web site during the day, reserve a movie, pick it up on my own time, and then I have until 9 p.m. the following night to view and return the movie. Oh, and you can return the movie to ANY redbox retailer - doesn't have to be the one from which you rented the movie. I say thumbs up!

I've used both Blockbuster Online and Netflix in the past, but Redbox appeals to me because:

1. No monthly fees (rent 1 movie or 15 per month, each is only $1)
2. PRICE (see #1)
3. Several locations for renting and/or returning and no waiting for a dvd in the mail

Find a Redbox near you today and rent your favorite movies for just a buck!

2 comments:

carolinagirl said...

Sounds great! We waste so much money on Netflix. I think it's been 4 months since JC ordered a movie but we are paying the fee.

Jane said...

I agree - fabulous idea - but I remain annoyed that there are currently NO redboxes in East Lansing!!! I'm kind of a pay-per-view junkie, but I'm open to being reformed. Hoping for redbox arrival soon...