Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bailey on the rise

Official results won’t be in until next Thursday, but Bailey appears to be successfully packing on the pounds.

When I initially increased his portions of food, he wouldn’t finish it all – which was extremely surprising, considering that my dad nicknamed him “Hoover” when he was a puppy. Explanation shouldn’t be necessary.

He very shortly adjusted to consuming 1/3 more food than he was used to receiving (he’d been eating the same amount since he was about 2-years-old). He also enthusiastically enjoyed the extra showering of treats – who wouldn’t?!

I was pleasantly surprised by his less frequent “accidents” as well. Don’t get me wrong, I dearly love Bailey, but I do NOT love his hair – his LOADS of hair. His loads of hair + frequent accidents = lots of hairy rugs and dog bed parts in my washer = NASTY hairy washer = not–so-clean human clothes = unhappy Tracey. Grrrr.

So as not to jinx it all, I’ll leave it at that. Here’s to hoping Bailey’s weight has risen above 42 pounds by Thursday. Wish him luck!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Go Bailey Go! Gain! Gain! Gain!

samantha said...

Keep up the "stuffing", but he's gonna be fine - I just know it. Love you!

Malena said...

Fingers crossed!

carolinagirl said...

Go Bailey!!!!!!!

Malena said...

Just wanted to say YES! Off course you'll be added to my private blog - I am just not posting everyone's emails for the world to see. I like the idea of going private anyway, I'll be able to speak more freely too, without being scared of being attacked by idiots!
Enjoy the lovely weather this week!