Monday, April 6, 2009

Japanese Maple comeback

My dad bought me a gorgeous Japanese Maple several years ago, but only brought it to Durham last May. I remember that date specifically because our potting of the tree took place on the same day that Zoe almost suffered an actual death by chocolate.

Anyway, the poor tree’s health quickly declined. By fall, I was almost certain it was dead. Not all of the branches were brittle, but they were pathetically leafless, while my brother’s Japanese Maple was gorgeous with vibrant red leaves. I assumed something was dreadfully amiss.

I am extremely happy to report that my Japanese Maple has seemingly made a full recovery. Maybe it’s the never-ending rain around here. Maybe it needed a season to recover from being transplanted. Who knows?

I’m just glad it’s making a nice comeback, and indeed, it is growing more beautiful every day.

1 comment:

carolinagirl said...

Go Heels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!