Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Green tomato thumb

Thanks to my stealthy dad who smuggled tomato seeds out of New Zealand a couple of years ago, our family has enjoyed some impressive summer fruits.

I made a point of saving several seeds from my crop last year, so I've begun cultivating them for this summer. It's a good thing, too, because apparently my dad misplaced his stash and is without seeds for this summer's tomato harvest. Whoops!

I've got seedlings on the ready. Last year I only planted in a pot, which yielded a very minimal crop. I plan to plant in my back yard this year. Here's to hoping for tomato-mania!



Bailey weight post will immediately follow our visit to Park Vet on Thursday. Again I ask, wish him happy gaining!

2 comments:

samantha said...

Homegrown tomatoes - YUM!

Malena said...

Wow - your dad is living on the edge ;) Now, tell me about the Kiwi Tomato, you've got me curious! I can't for the life of me do tomatoes from seeds, but I have a really nice nursery that sell organic plants. Don't you just love the smell of a tomato plant...