Friday, March 27, 2009

Desperately seeking sun

I am sick of the rain. My yard is saturated. My dogs are muddy, and one of them is constipated (she won't go out in the rain). I haven't been able to weed or plant. I've always hated rain, but I really hate it now!

How I wish I could end each day with a sunset like the one below. Photo taken by me on Mindil Beach in Darwin, Australia, the summer of 2001. Darwin was nothing less than paradise for me. Warm, quaint and simplistically beautiful, it has since become one of my most favorite places in the world.


Should you have the opportunity to visit Australia, don't just make a bee-line for Sydney. Yes, of course, go to Sydney, but don't overlook Darwin (including Kakadu National Park) or the Daintree Rainforest.

Ironically, there are a few months of the year during which the aforementioned places see nothing but rain. I was there during Australia's winter, so the most rain I saw was in Canberra, and I can't imagine it being any Australian's favorite city anyway!

2 comments:

Jane said...

"How I wish I could end each day with a sunset like the one below."

- Don't we all!!!! Beautiful photo Trace!

matt said...

Sign me up for that view T!