Thursday, March 5, 2009

Heels Win! & Doggie etiquette

Zoe and I spent last evening at Kerry and Emma's watching the Heels beat the Hokies on the the big screen. Hurrah for the Heels, but man, that was a physical game. At times I felt more like I was watching a tennis or ping-pong match. Back-and-forth-and-back-and-forth-and-back-and-forth.

Yes, I realize that is the general progression of most basketball games, but last night's game went from back to forth with greater speed and frequency than I was used to. Regardless, the Heels prevailed - again HURRAH!

I brought Zoe along to Kerry's because she spends more than eight hours a day in a crate - roomy enough to stand up, turn around, move about a bit - but it can't be lots of fun for her. Therefore, I do my best to keep her out of the crate when I'm not at work.

My reasoning failed to take into account Zoe's complete aversion to Emma. Emma is a sweet girl, yet dominant, large, and very ALPHA. She wants to play with Zoe every time I bring her over, but Zoe's reaction is, "HELL to the NO!"


The photo below is surely evidence in support of Zoe's aversion to Emma.



Hello?! Rude, right? Such overt butt-sniffing requires an invitation on Zoe's part! Of course I am kidding, but Zoe still hasn't gotten the joke and remains bitter about such backdoor intrusions.

I hope to report one day that Emma and Zoe are best pals, because Kerry and I will always be, so Emma's going to be around. Maybe my next dog sitting stint should double as doggie behavior boot camp?

Even I know that's a terrible idea, and to tell you the truth, if I can get my god daughter Sydney to hang out with me without having a complete meltdown wanting for mommy, I could care less if the dogs really like each other or not!

2 comments:

samantha said...

Poor Zoe! Although as much as she does to Bailey (namely the humping) she deserves a few pokes herself!

carolinagirl said...

Don't worry Zoe...I feel the same way!