Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Meet Sparrow: distant cousin to Snuffleupagus

Sparrow, named after Jack Sparrow of The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, is a Labradoodle and one of the sweetest girls I've ever met.

Her temperament - especially around children - reminds me a lot of Bailey. She and Bailey are much bigger and stronger than most kids under six, but neither would ever hurt anybody. They are both just as sweet as they were when they were puppies (of course not at the same time as Sparrow is only three-years-old).

She belongs to dear friends of mine - friends I don't see nearly as often as I'd like - and every time I see them I realize how much more I'd like to visit with Sparrow, too!

I adore the huge tufts of hair between her toes. Her furry toes remind me of Jupiter, who was owned by my late friend, Chris. Jupe is the KING of furry toes and still alive and kicking with Chris' mom.

Now I realize Snuffleupagus is not real, and Sparrow doesn't really resemble him so much, but Snuffleupagus' image always comes to mind when I see Sparrow.

Take away Snuffy's trunk and shrink his eyes a bit and I bet you'll see it, too!

3 comments:

Jane said...

There is definitely a Snuffy resemblance! I bet she's super-playful and SOFT.

matt said...

Labradoodles are awesome. One of my old roommates has one and she is the best dog, and smart! I guess that's from the poodle genes.

Chris and Mackenzie said...

Savvy? :)