Monday, March 16, 2009

Pamper your eyes

Last Christmas my best friend gave me a Lavender Eye Cover by Nature Creation, and I have certainly put it to great use. She thought it could be used to remedy my migraines, but I'd rather smell nothing when one of those bad boys hits my head.

Instead, I like to get my eye cover out of the freezer just before I go to bed and put it over my eyes while I drift off to sleep. Before sleep comes I usually flip it over a few times to make the coolness of the pack last. It is super-soft and fits comfortably around my head with the attached elastic band - unlike some of those gel-filled raccoon-eye packs that are made of thick plastic and attach with velcro.

Not only does the eye cover smell heavenly, but the herbs honestly appear to make a difference in my perma-baggy undereyes. (Remember, I don't sleep much, so the bags are hard to chase away).

The woman from whom Kerry bought the eye cover told her I should keep it in the freezer when it's not in use as the herbs will stay fresher longer. I'd keep it in the freezer anyway because the cover being cold is a big part of what I love about it. I keep mine in a ziploc bag.

For an at-home relaxing sensory journey, get yourself one of these Lavender Eye Covers. You'll be dreaming of floating through lavender fields in no time!

2 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Ooooh I want one. I used to have something similar in high school and loved it!

carolinagirl said...

That does sound nice! Unfortunately I collapse in to bed each night not really needing or even thinking of anything that may help me fall asleep. :)