Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Four days of rain + two dogs make Tracey an unhappy girl

As our trusty, always accurate (wink, wink) weather forecasters predicted, the rain finally ended yesterday.

Unfortunately it seems that there is a chance for more rain on Thursday. Only 1.5 days rain free! ARGH! Three inches of rain between last Friday and Monday the 16th is certainly more than I could ever wish for, especially in light of the fact that I have two dogs who must be taken outside to relieve themselves.

Walking any dog in pelting rain is never fun, but most people don’t have a Zoe to walk. A Zoe who refuses to leave the shelter of our house or the porch in order to do her business. She instead turns and looks at me as if to say, “Whatever! I’m not going out there!”

I, being equally stubborn and refusing to make a fool of myself by trailing her with an umbrella, find myself in such situations with a self-constipated doggie. It is not fun.

Bailey on the other hand, is a champ. He has always been a poop-on-demand kind of dog. No muss, no fuss. When necessary, Bailey can be completely and sufficiently walked in about two minutes. It’s one of a hundred reasons why mama loves Bailey!

Aside from dog-walking blues, my yard has been completely taken over by the weed monster. I’m gonna need some serious sunshine to dry out my lawn before I can effectively attack that problem, and it looks like that needed sunshine isn't anywhere in sight.

As children sing, “Rain, rain go away! Come again some other (far away) day!”

2 comments:

carolinagirl said...

Our two little spoiled pooches barely get their feet wet in the grass! It is so annoying! They refuse to go out so that usually means at least one accident in the house on rainy days! Ugh!

Our yard is out of control already and needs a good cutting...JC!!!

Jane said...

Henry is more Bailey-like when it comes to weather conundrums - thank goodness. He doesn't love the rain, but he'll go out when given the chance! Hope the sun comes out for you soon. xoxo