Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hot Dog! Partie Deux

The snow falls in North Carolina at the most bizarre of times. For example, I can count on one hand the number of significant snowfalls in the Triangle over the last five years. But yesterday - March 2, 2009 - we got approximately 3.5 inches of snow here in Durham. While I realize 3.5 inches isn't a great deal of snow in many parts of the country (trust me, I was used to getting several inches of snow in March when I lived in Michigan) in NC it's a bit off-kilter.

In fact, I remember way back when I was in school at UNC-Chapel Hill, I'd often be wearing shorts at this time of year. Of course I'm timing that memory with March Madness so maybe I'm a little early, but not by much.

Regardless, I wanted to post a couple of new photos of my "heater hog." On Sunday night the space heater was set at 80ยบ on high power, and as you can see in the above photo, Zoe was not only pressed up against the heater but she was propped up by it.

Much to Zoe's dismay I have taken to deliberately separating her body and fur from the heater. She would sit there for HOURS otherwise, and I can't imagine that being safe. Call it paranoia, but as I've had dreams of her bursting into flames in front of said heater, I'm hesitant to allow her to spend too much time in front of it.

Photo below taken before my resolve to require a distance between Zoe and the space heater. Happily comfy in her heat-induced haze...

2 comments:

carolinagirl said...

Too Funny...when we turn on the gas logs (which is VERY rare...we don't even keep the pilot light lit), both Rosey and Franklin look like they are about to crawl through the screen into the flames!!

Love that last photo.

Jane said...

Zoe is the hottest dog!!! No doubt!
Seriously though, while she is rather combustible, please keep her from bursting into flames! :)