Monday, March 23, 2009

The joys of baby sitting

I had the privilege of spending Saturday night with the Rhodes girls while their mommy and daddy went out to celebrate their 8th wedding anniversary. As an extra bonus, the Heels played at 5:45 pm, so I got to watch the game on the Rhodes’ enormous television! Best friend Kerry sent me a text after our win and asked if I was able to watch much of the game since I was otherwise occupied. I told her that on the contrary, Katie is a huge Tar Heel fan – even at 5 ½-years-old – so she and I watched the entire game rather intently!

In fact, we even watched Dook play afterwards, Katie yelling “Dook is puke!” the whole time. Ella not so much as she is barely one-year-old, but she is the best baby ever – just like Katie was – and safely entertained herself almost the entire evening.

Katie said some of the sweetest things to me while I was there. She makes baby sitting fabulous fun and gives me such a morale boost. Wouldn’t hearing the following make you feel wonderful?

"I wish you were part of my family."

"You’re the funniest girl I’ve ever met."


Getting paid, and having the following notation on the check, "For being awesome." makes me want to baby sit Katie and Ella all the time!

4 comments:

samantha said...

Katie sounds like a smart girl!!! :)

carolinagirl said...

Don't you just love kids...they can really be ego boosters sometimes!!!

Malena said...

THose are some great compliments!

Kerry Burleigh said...

Wow - when are my kids going to wake up to what is so obvious to all others?!! Actually, Felton already adores you, so I guess we just have to convince Sydney, who, ironically, is your GODDAUGHTER! I know she will love you more than anything one day very soon!