Monday, March 30, 2009

Lazy Sunday

The sun finally came out yesterday! Hooray! The weather was still a little wacky - lots of strong winds - but anything dry was VERY welcome. I guess the wind was my most recent excuse for not tending to my ailing lawn. Maybe next weekend...but only when there's no college hoops on the tube.

Zoe spent nearly the entire day in her usual spot - atop the fleece blankets (now basically hers) at the end of the futon. Note her annoyed look in the last picture. She was not in the mood to be photographed.





Things heated up when the Heels tipped off just after 5 p.m. Despite her best efforts, Zoe could not tune out my whooping and hollering and extra-loud clapping. Oh, and even though our lead was scarcely less than 12 points, there was still nervous pacing.

Veteran Bailey, who is somewhat used to mom's Tar Heel mania, joined me in my pacing. He gave me lots of high fives, too. I didn't want to get him too worked up, but he was marching around, tail wagging and jumping right along with me. Such a good boy!

The Heels advanced to the Final Four and will take on Villanova on Saturday. Bailey and I will both be front and center, leaping around the television, shouting and barking and looking for another victory!

3 comments:

carolinagirl said...

Cute Zoe pics!!! Our pups love to snuggle up under blankets!

One more week of bball for us! :)

LA and BD said...

Haha! Zoe DOES look annoyed in that last photo!

Kip gets all excited when BD and I hoop and holler during the Carolina games!

We'll be cheering for them on Saturday (and hopefully Monday, too)!!

Go 'Heels!

Chris and Mackenzie said...

Ha! Love the 'eye' she gives you in the 3rd pic.