Thursday, December 11, 2008

All wrapped up...at least partially...

For the last 4 or 5 years, I've been a champ at early Christmas shopping and wrapping. (The early shopping is always necessary when you live paycheck to paycheck!) I've also realized I've probably got enough wrapping paper to last me until 2012 (yes, this accurately indicates that I am not the favorite gift giver). Anyway, my early wrapping reveals that I am remotely less stressed than most regarding holiday shopping. Or, one could say it is my embarrassing display of those gifts I am unable to give! (Truly, I do realize that whining is reprehensible, as there are far less fortunate folks out there).

Honestly, with or without gifts, what I really want this year is to spend Christmas with my Nana. We always have, but she's been ill and there are wrenches flying through all of our plans. I just hope I get to spend Christmas morning with her!

3 comments:

samantha said...

Really wishing I could see you this Christmas! Maybe the next time you come up to MI?

carolinagirl said...

I hope you guys get to go too...I know Abby will be crushed too! Our Christmas plans are also very altered this year! :( Your presents look great tho...I've wrapped about 5 SMALL ones. I am a last minute person - I wish I wasn't too. I'd love to just sit back and relax the last 2 weeks before Christmas!

Malena said...

Hope you get to be with your Nana! *hug*