Tuesday, December 9, 2008

As promised...

My regular blog readers might remember my reference to Sydney's "True Traceyness" in this photo from my December 4th post.

My photo (pictured right), taken the summer of 1999, immediately came to mind when I saw Sydney's "grrrr," although I am fully aware that Sydney's "grrrr" is cute, while mine is just scary. Case in point, my new nickname at work is Slash.

I would not normally openly display such a psychotic photo of myself, but as I told a few co-workers yesterday, this photo proves a couple of things that many have a hard time believing:

1. Yes, my hair is extremely curly - kinky curly, can't tame it without major effort crazy.

2. Yes, my hair is naturally extremely dark - almost black - I did not choose "ultra dark" on my own - genetics did that for me.

Those of you who knew me way back in the day (more importantly, those who also knew Brian) might recall any number of reasons why my face is so contorted, although I'm pretty sure on this occasion that the "Grrrr!" was completely in fun.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Wow if you wouldn't have told me that was your, I would have never known!

SMA said...

Whoa! That's an awesome pic. And as a side note, you should wear your hair curly more often!

carolinagirl said...

Love it! I'd know that dress anywhere! ;)