Monday, December 1, 2008

Last of the birthday celebrations

The Carolina Designer Craftsmen Fine Craft and Design Show has taken place over Thanksgiving weekend for the last several years, which has been convenient because it brings my parents to my neck of the woods to also celebrate my birthday. The parents are always making their way out of town on Sunday night, and while many restaurants are not opened for dinner on Sundays, one of our favorites is: Panzanella. We've met there for at least the last three years, if not more. Great food, nice atmosphere, good service, highly recommended.

First photo is none other than myself and the lovely parents, taken at dinner last night.


The second takes a bit of explanation, and may still be a mystery to some. Marsha Heatwole is an artist with whom my parents have become acquainted over the years. I have a few of her works in my house, and I had her do a personalized piece for my dad a few years ago, which I was quite pleased with. My dad saw this piece at this year's show and recognized the breed/animal right away, but still asked Marsha about it. When she said it was an Elkhound, he immediately bought it for me (for Bailey)! I love it. Still have to find a place for it that is extra special.


The last two photos are related to a serious blast from the past. The "ABC" outfit was mine as a toddler, and my mom fished it out at my Nana's house a while back for Sydney. Mom brought it to me last night, and I must say, I can't believe I ever fit into that getup, despite the photo below of me wearing it.



If I'm able to get this outfit on Sydney and get a photo, it will be posted here. We'll see!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Glad you got to celebrate with your parents as usual. Love the "Bailey" print. That is fantastic! It's just like "Bob" the rooster and your other dog prints. Love 'em. Again, Happy Birthday!

Kerry Burleigh said...

Can't wait to get that ABC outfit - although it looks like you are a lot older than Sydney is now in that photo.

weebairn said...

I remember you when you looked like that!

I particularly like Todd's patchwork pants and the haircut, ahhhh the 70's. LOL

I am apparently very old....but still prefer it over the alternative.

Monalynn

samantha said...

Look at all the cute Glazeners :)
Very much wish I could've been there with you.
xoxo Sam