Monday, December 8, 2008

Busy, yet fabulously fun weekend

Brogan hosted our annual Christmas party on Friday night at the Page Walker Arts and History Center in downtown Cary. As usual, the night included dinner, drinks, personalized awards and entertainment. I thoroughly enjoyed (probably to excess) the pomegranate martinis, provided by the pitcher. Wow, they were yummy and potent, and put a bit of a damper on my Saturday schedule...

So the entertainment was Wii and karaoke. I really don't know if a single EHP employee got to play Wii, but then again I was quite tipsy. I had no plans to croon for anyone, but the martinis made me do it. Jen and I made fools of ourselves first, then Joseph joined us in trying to sing along to Mmm bop. Not only is that song ridiculous, but trying to sing along with blurred vision and impaired vocal skills is beyond ridiculous.

I'm lucky Jeni and Mark dragged me out the door soon after! Photo of me with the lovely Kimberly below. She is terribly missed from our daily EHP lives!



Next photo of my dear Jen. That is, Jennifer Garner. I love telling people I work with Jennifer Garner. Hee!



So, as I mentioned earlier, the martini effects kept me from sticking to my planned travel schedule on Saturday. No real harm done, I made it to Charlotte in time to visit with Cristy and Will before heading out for a night that proved to be quite the crazy one. Evidence below, depicted in the photo of a very intoxicated Cristy and myself.

Fun was had by all - I was set up with one of Will's co-workers, and another couple joined us as well - Mary and Michael - all some of the nicest, most hilarious people I've had the pleasure of spending time with.

Again, as repeatedly noted, my camera is TRUE DOOKIE, so I didn't get many photos. Cristy's camera holds the true steep digression of the evening, as we all indulged a bit too much!

I vaguely remember having an indepth discussion with our homeward bound cab driver about Reykjavik, Iceland. Pretty sure I was more surprised at my ability to discuss actual historical landmarks and cultural references than the fact that Reykjavik came up in conversation.



Couldn't help but photograph the sign below. What a beaut.

3 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

That is SUCH a good picture of you and Kimberly. I look goofy! Hah!!

It was a fun night..I am and will always be Ms. Easy Breezy... ;)

And now I can add Joseph singing "Mmmbop" to the ropes course memories! Hahahaha!

Jeni said...

Twas definitely a night I will not soon forget. Kudos to the two er three of you for having the guts to sing in public! You're troopers!!

matt said...

Fourth photo says it all...