Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Synopsis 2008

After all the worrying over how Christmas would play out, I am happy to report that all went smoothly, with only a few details differing from Christmas' past. We all traveled to Maryville, TN; the only difference was that Todd, Maria and Abby spent their nights with Uncle Ron and Aunt Susan rather than at Nana's. It was so wonderful to be able to celebrate Christmas in almost the same way we have for the last several years. I know I can't always expect that in the future, but having the opportunity to bring a little tradition back in to Nana's world made me feel good.

Per tradition, Maria and Abby read Santa's letter (to Abby) together first thing Christmas morning. Since Christmas 2002, I have concocted said "Santa letters" to Abby, despite both mine and Maria's inability to plan accordingly - meaning EVERY year there is a panic to find appropriate paper on which to compose the letter (all previous letters remain in the pillow pocket from year to year, so a deviant paper type would be suspect). Thus far we have muddled through, "Santa book fiasco" not withstanding.


Grammy being an excellent sport, putting Abby's new soccer ball to good use.


Abby on her new bike - which is apparently still a little too big for her. Fuzzpa says she needs another six months to grow into it. She did okay until a super spill left her with skinned knees and less than a desire to ride further.


A Glazener tradition: the group photo, taken on Christmas evening. The Graves' (mom's side of the family, Nana's maiden name) are notorious for closing their eyes at the most inopportune of times, but I think we captured a keeper this year! Not the most attractive photo of my dad, but I love that he went out of his way to try to get Bailey into the picture (even though Bailey appears to be in some kind of invisible straight jacket!) Zoe is absent due to stress-inducing beeps from mom's new digital camera. I have since figured out how to disable beeping from new camera. Yay for Zoe.



I hope Happy Holidays were had by all!!!

3 comments:

carolinagirl said...

These are such great photos and memories! Thanks so much for sharing! Maria made my boys a pillow, but Santa has never left them a note. I love that idea!

samantha said...

SO glad everything worked out. Nana looks pretty good! I can't believe how big Abby is now. I know I've never met her, but I feel like I have due to all of your stories and photos.
Oh, and yes, invisible straight jacket on Bailey is hilarious - and seems to be necessary as of late...

Malena said...

Sounds like a great Christmas and I love family group shots!!! I always try to have everyone gather for those when we are together too. How sweet that you write Santas letters, what a neat tradition! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!