Sunday, February 15, 2009

America's Favorite Serial Killer

I adored Michael C. Hall as David Fisher on Six Feet Under, but as Dexter he is beyond fabulous, and Hall is from Raleigh, North Carolina to boot!

Dexter follows Dexter Morgan, a blood spatter analyst with some serious issues and an interesting "code." In short, he’s a serial killer who only kills those who deserve to be killed: rapists, murderers, molesters. ie. those whom would likely be on death row or imprisoned for life anyway. (And yes, it is just a TV show, so although I do love Dexter, I am not in any way condoning his behavior).

I blazed through seasons 1 and 2 via iTunes during the summers following each season’s airing, and just last night finished season 3 thanks to Robert who saved the episodes for me on his DVR. A HUGE bonus for dog sitting Emma!

Don’t worry, you’ll find no spoilers here. This post is meant only to be a suggestion to all Dexter-virgins to find a way to view past seasons and pick up with season 4, which I suspect will premiere sometime this fall on Showtime.

Julie Benz, Jennifer Carpenter (Hall's real-life wife, but his sister on the show), David Zayas and James Remar all deserve honorable mention for superb acting in this series. Highly recommended - Dexter won't disappoint!

2 comments:

matt said...

I am definitely a Dexter fan, but I was not a fan of Jimmy Smits on the show. He was crazy annoying.

Unknown said...

DEXTER! I LOVE him!