Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's great to be a TAR HEEL!

The Dookies went down at home last night – what a glorious thing. Even more fun was seeing Coach “Ratface” K having a snit fit on the court. He really is an unattractive man who shouldn’t be seen screaming.

And WHY is the air conditioning in Cameron so useless? I know it’s unseasonably warm in NC right now, but those poor guys were drenched and there was more than one slip mishap due to sweat on the court. One would think that a school that charges more than $37,000 per year for tuition would have better facilities!

The game went back-and-forth with UNC up by quite a bit first, then the Dookies were up by eight at the half. (Nail-biting commenced). The lead flip-flopped a bit more, but then the Heels claimed the lead for good with more than five minutes left to play. Final score: Heels 101; Dook 87.

That’s FOUR straight wins for UNC at Cameron. If I didn’t have a needy elderly Elkhound at home I would've headed up to Franklin Street myself!

My favorite TV moment of the game was Ty Lawson scoring and getting fouled with about four minutes left to play. He was knocked over and the camera was right in his face as he yelled, “YEAH!” with a victorious look on his face. Go Ty!

Also, in true rivalry fashion, I can’t help but laugh my face off that all those Dookies slept in tents for over a month just to watch their team lose. Although I should mention that even as a Tar Heel, I find it ridiculous that students had to do that just to get a ticket – especially in light of the aforementioned tuition fees. Oh well, their fault for choosing to attend DOOK!

2 comments:

samantha said...

So glad the dookies got spanked! GO HEELS!

carolinagirl said...

I have been beaming all day!!!! I loved that tv shot of Ty!!!
I said the same thing to JC last night...something like "I bet those Cameron Idiots feel like DipSh*ts since they camped out for over a month in the freezing cold just to get BEAT DOWN at home"!!! I mean, sometimes there is justice in this world!!!! As the saying goes, "To hate like this is to be happy forever"!!!