Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who Knew?

...that new tires could make a girl so giddy?

I LOVE my car, but my care of it (service, oil-changes, etc.) is strictly no muss, no fuss. I can't remember the last time I washed or vacuumed it, despite the Norwegian Elkhound that frequents the "back back" seat. When I was told after my last oil-change that I'd soon need new tires, I thought, "ok, sure, I'll get to it eventually."

On Tuesday I purchased my second set of tires for my 1997 CR-V (really the third set if you include the original tires that came on the vehicle). Odometer reading at the time of Tuesday's purchase: 141,900. I think that's pretty okay, considering that the alignment has been "acceptably out of range" since I was hit by a drunk driver in 1999, I've suffered one slow-leak and one flat tire, and I spent a little over three years on Michigan roads where I annually traveled approximately three times more miles than I do in NC.

I drove away on my new tires feeling like I was in a brand new car. What a difference new wheels can make without even splurging!





I got four BF Goodrich Premier Touring tires, P205/70R15 at Costco. Total cost for installation, scrap tire disposal, life-time rotation and balance and 5-year road hazard warranty: $379.19, and the whole process only took about 45 minutes.

My car now rides beautifully. Any revival of the beloved CR-V is greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

carolinagirl said...

Yeah!!! I'd say you got a good deal on those tires...you don't want to know what a set for a Yukon XL costs!!! That will be due again in the next year or so - yuck!!!

Congrats!

matt said...

The benefits of a new set of tires are often lost on most people. Glad you've noticed (and benefitted from) the difference!