Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wahoo Reunion

Scotty D flew into town on Saturday for a layover, so Kerry and I made plans to meet up with him in downtown Raleigh for dinner. Neither of us had seen Scott in more than a decade, but WSY bonds are hard to break! I mean really, if you spent hours of almost every day of your childhood swimming back and forth, staring at a black lane line, how could you not forge friendships with the others trapped with you in misery? (Mark we missed you!)

My evening began with Sydney's bathtime, pictured below. She's still a little chub rock, but always damn cute.



The WSY trio enjoyed dinner at Irregardless Cafe (one of my favorites from my days as a Raleigh resident), and I'm pretty sure we closed the place down.

I had every intention of having our waiter take our photo, but a credit card snafu and a stealthy extra-drink-sneak by Scott derailed my carefully laid plans. Therefore, we have the self-portraits below, taken in the circle drive of the Sheraton.


I never would've posted the below photo (as I look surprised, crazy, or let's just say unattractive) but I thought it was a great photo of Scott and Kerry.



Kerry and I LOVED seeing Scott, and we're expecting another visit in LESS than 10 years! Scott: Happy wedding day to you and Jennifer! Have a fabulous honeymoon and be sure to tell her we can't wait to meet her!

3 comments:

samantha said...

Baby Sydney is such a cute chub rock! Love it!
Glad you got to see an old friend, too.

Jane said...

Tub shots are always great!

Kerry Burleigh said...

oh she is so chubby! And so glad you always remember your camera! see you soon...