Friday, May 8, 2009

100 most beautiful

I do not often purchase magazines at the grocery checkout, but I picked up People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful issue yesterday. Christina Applegate is on the cover - what a gorgeous woman. Her 7-page spread includes some great photos, some dating all the way back to 1971 when she was an infant.

She is very candid about her breast cancer diagnosis, the following surgery and how she's been affected both physically and emotionally. Who knew "Kelly Bundy" would turn out to be such an inspiration?

As expected, there is a ton of eye candy throughout the rest of the magazine. But I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised by some of the 100 picks this year. Of course Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are on the list, what with the Twilight super-craze that is sweeping the nation, but others include Moon Bloodgood, Michelle Obama, Tina Fey, Leslie Mann and many more. I heartily concur that the 100 most beautiful are, in fact, quite beautiful.

There's a "beauty after baby" section featuring moms with their children, and I must say that Milla Jovovich's daughter, Ever (18 months), is absolutely stunning. Seriously, WOW!

While not on the 100 most beautiful list, I was delighted to find a "Scoop" page on David Boreanaz. I love both Angel and Bones, largely due to his starring roles in both shows. His characters are often both dramatic and hilarious - he's made me cry and laugh hysterically within a one-hour show many times.

Unfortunately the movie reviews leave me even less likely to visit the box office any time soon. Ghosts of Girlfriends Past starring Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner got one star. Obsessed with Beyoncé Knowles and Ali Larter got two stars. In fact the highest-rated movie in this issue only got three stars and I've never heard of it (although that shouldn't mean much). The three-star movie is The Merry Gentleman with Michael Keaton and Kelly Macdonald. I still know nothing about it and have no desire to look it up. Hmph.

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all!

No comments: