Monday, May 25, 2009

Stereo update

Stereo is installed - although my fingers are sore from twisting all those darn receiver adapter wires. Ouch. One of my crazy neighbors sat on his car staring at me for the first hour while I worked and cursed to myself. It was embarrassing and very annoying.

I had to make two separate calls to the support line and I lost daylight before I could put my car back together again, but at least the stereo and the A/C both work.

As I told the Crutchfield staff on the phone, I was less than impressed with the way the instructions were laid out. There were several unnecessary steps, and had they been labeled as "optional" I would've saved myself at least 90 minutes.

If you're ever thinking of replacing your car stereo and you're not an automotive whiz, I suggest avoiding the headache and having your new stereo installed by a professional - or at least a knowledgeable friend.

I hope to put all the interior CR-V panels back in place without incident or difficulty tomorrow.

I sure hope sweating my ass off and stressing that I was completely breaking my car was worth it!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Excellent! I wasn't surprised today when we talked that you reported a successful reconstruction of the CR-V. I remember many a time when you were pouring over web pages, books, whatever you could find to fix things. You've never been one for a handyman! :)

carolinagirl said...

You are toooooo adventuresome! I can barely follow a recipe much less tackle a car stereo!!!

CONGRATS!!!!