Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Instant mood lifter

I had seen hide nor hair of a single Burleigh for weeks before last night, when I happily accepted the task of babysitting sweet Felton and my god daughter, Sydney. The reception was fabulous - especially considering my recent absence - and Felton made me feel like a rock star.

His HUGE smile when I arrived was something I won't ever forget, and Sydney didn't cry after mom left! Amazing! The smile below was coaxed by Felton, who kept chanting, "CHEESE!" in the background.



The next photo was one of many where Felton was attempting to get Sydney to do her "Touchdown!" pose. She never did it, but she did say "Touchdown!" and she certainly smiled.

Those brown eyes are pretty powerful.



We ended up outside on the swings because despite the "too close to bedtime danger" both Sydney and Felton literally talked me into it. Sydney repeated "outside" as she adamantly marched to the closet to gather her shoes - to the point of near tears - which we all know breaks me when shed by a Burleigh child. Resistance is futile.

The last photo depicts what I call Felton Glee, which is wonderful. When he gets tickled there is nothing better, and he always tells me, "no one pushes me as high as you do! It almost scares me! Higher!"

I LOVE these kids to pieces.

5 comments:

Jane said...

What a pretty baby girl!

carolinagirl said...

precious photos!!!

samantha said...

In the 3rd photo, I love that Sydney's stare is LOCKED on her brother. They are both beautiful!

TinyRockerGrrl said...

I love Sydney looking up at Felton in the swing! "Hey!? How'd you get up there!?!" Too cute!

Kerry Burleigh said...

So glad they were good for you! And yes, when Sydney wants to go outside, there is no stopping her unless you want some tears to flow. Thanks for posting these pics so I can share with my family and thanks SOOOO much for babysitting! We are always glad to know the kids are in good hands!