Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Music Music Music!

Abby's annual dance recital took place on Sunday, and I was proud to be in attendance as I hadn't been to one since her first when she was 3-years-old.

As a 3-year-old she was pretty inactive. She kind-of just stood there, unmoving, for the entire performance. She looked a little bleary-eyed, star-struck, whatever. Her lack of ability to follow the assigned steps was beyond unimportant to me. I must say that I found her to be the most adorable apple on that stage!

Abby played the part of a Toreador in this year's production. Maria and I loved her dedicated seriousness while pushing her arm forth in the "toreador stance," alongside her partner (imagine arm up at near shoulder height, elbow bent at 90-degree angle, fist under chin, fist then pushing forth with fierce force). The cape helped.

Her obvious concentration on keeping a smile on her face was priceless. She truly appeared to enjoy herself, as I think Abby will almost always relish a challenge.

Maria was sure to bring Abby a bouquet of flowers for after the show, and while she was probably expecting them, Abby seemed genuinely excited.

I was so proud of her! Watching her reminded me that I shouldn't miss any more of her performances - no matter what they might be.

Showing off her glossy lips on the way to a pre-recital lunch at Village Tavern.



Todd, Abby and Maria after the recital on the steps of the Reynolds Auditorium.

2 comments:

Jane said...

what a precious little toreador! glad you got to attend. sweet pose in the first pick, too!

samantha said...

Abby's pose is priceless! Love the lipgloss, too. Sassy!