Monday, May 11, 2009

Proud Mama, and Auntie

I am a proud mama. Bailey is the sweetest Norwegian Elkhound alive - if not the sweetest dog of all breeds on this earth.

I took the photo below on Mother's Day, while he lounged comfortably in my brother's back yard. My niece kept asking me if Bailey could come in, and I'd say, "if he wants to come in." He clearly didn't, but she wanted him to so he did, each time she asked.


Abby and Bailey have always been pals. I made the scrapbook pages below long ago, but I always feel a strong tug at my heartstrings when I look at them.



The journal block reads:

“There is an understanding - an unspoken yet powerful friendship that forms between people and their pets. With that friendship, our pets adapt to us and begin to accept and love the same things that we do. The case in point is Bailey's love for Abby.

He entertains her, shows her undying attention (of course expecting the same in return), and in many cases, tolerates her (when she jumps on him, pulls his muzzle, picks at his ears and teeth, examines his toenails, etc).

She's adorable when she commands him to sit, although the fact that he does so is not impressive. What is impressive is that he obeys her regardless of the fact that he's bigger than she is!

Buddies they are. She calls him "Bay," and her face brightens whenever he shows up - and vice versa.”


Subsequently following the creation of those pages, Abby began calling Bailey Baywee, but that ended more than a few years ago. I still miss hearing her call him by that oh-so-cute name.

As noted Sunday, Abby has taken to calling him "Bail," and when we visit he still prefers to sleep either in Abby's room or just outside her door.

3 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

I love you and your scrap booking talent. I really need to start doing it. Its such a neat way to capture memories. That is such a sweet Bailey photo.. he is such a handsome fellow.

Malena said...

Aw that is sweet. Where was Zoe?

teg said...

Zoe is ALWAYS there - my little heartbeat under my feet. I just feel like she steals the show sometimes so I left her out as I didn't have a great photo of her for the day anyway. You're so sweet to ask about her!