Wednesday, May 13, 2009

CR-V love

I'm not the only one who LOVES my CR-V.

I always thought Abby preferred riding in my car as opposed to her mom's van just for a change of pace. After all, the CR-V doesn't have a DVD player and it's usually quite dirty with a healthy layer of Bailey hair covering the interior.

Although it sounds silly - as it is just a car - I thought it was so cute when Abby professed her adoration of my precious Honda. While circling my vehicle on her scooter, she looked up and said, "I really like your car. I want one just like it."

I replied in a rather sad tone, "I love my car, too! I want one just like it, yet new, but they don't make 'em like mine anymore."

They really don't. If I could somehow have a "new" CR-V made just like mine I would. Apparently Abby agrees because she then said, "So when I'm older can I have your car?"

I promised her than if it's still running in nine years and I don't need it anymore, she can certainly have it. Her excited response was adorable because seriously, how many people dream of being gifted with a car more than 20 years old?!

My one aversion to this exchange is having to think of the tiny girl pictured here DRIVING. These are old photos as she is now 7 1/2, but when I think of her in protective mode (which is quite often), I see her more closely resembling the girl below.





Here's to hoping that when the time comes she keeps a cleaner and safer driving record than mine.

2 comments:

samantha said...

Abby is so beautiful! I think her love of your car is precious.
And by the way, you're a good driver - don't let anyone tell you different. :)

Kerry Burleigh said...

Abby is definitely has or is learing your good taste! And yes, I love those pics of Abby and understand completely the "protection mode." hope to see you soon!