Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Music finds

I've often stumbled across music I adore via my favorite television shows. I was introduced to a true favorite, Greg Laswell, via Smallville; Alexi Murdoch (pictured right) via Dawson’s Creek; Kim Richey via Angel ("A place called home" is an all-time favorite); Emerson Hart via (as embarrassing as it is) The Hills; Ryan Adams via Alias; Katie Gray via Bones, and many more.

I sincerely appreciate the web sites out there that list the music for individual episodes of shows. I would assume the artists do, too. *wink*

Recent superb find was also via Bones. "Broken Bridge" by Daughter Darling – love it. Wow. I encourage everyone to look it up.

I also love Aqualung, featured in both Wicker Park and A Lot Like Love; Sia’s "Breathe Me" from the Six Feet Under series finale (that is a lifetime true favorite, without question – both the song and the episode); and Powderfinger has been a favorite of mine since my summer in Australia. Tracks from Powderfinger can be found in Two Hands, an awesome flick starring the late Heath Ledger. The band and the film are highly recommended.

If you’ve come across any absolute favorites via television or movies I’d love to hear about it!

2 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

You know I've been on a HUGE Grey's Anatomy kick lately and one of my favorite things about that show is the music. I've discovered a lot of bands/artists from that show but my favorite of the moment is definitely Kate Havnevik.

Although I don't think this song has been used in any episode (although she has had 3 of her songs in different episodes), this one is my favorite:

Unlike Me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJ9NW19sfQ

Jane said...

Television shows are a great outlet for finding awesome music. Tell TinyRockerGrrl I said thanks for the link to Kate Havnevik - I am a new fan!