Saturday, June 13, 2009

Quote of the day

"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself."

-Ethel Barrymore

I can't help but make an extra comment on this quote. It is so true! I learned to laugh at myself long ago (I'm sure others have laughed at me, too, for not-so-flattering reasons), and by doing so I've been able to almost accept myself as I am. It's been a long process, but I am a happy girl. I make my friends laugh, as they do the same for me.

There is nothing in the world I want more than to have friends who make me laugh!

3 comments:

carolinagirl said...

So true! I like this quote a lot...we do A LOT of laughing at ourselves in this house!

Jane said...

Making me laugh is something you NEVER had a problem doing! Love you!

Kerry Burleigh said...

laugh? you? me? together? never! ;) love this post!