Sunday, June 7, 2009

Overdue get together

Caroline and I met up with Kerry at the Burleigh house for dinner on Saturday night for a long overdue night together. Of course, per usual, I only have photos of the kiddies - they are so much fun to photograph.

Sydney and Felton were both a bit apprehensive to the arrival of a "familiar stranger" - meaning they both immediately assumed "babysitter" when they saw me coming, but Felton quickly warmed up (he can't resist my super-high pushes on the swing). Sydney remained cautious although I was happy she let me give her a kiss goodnight.

Felton did not want to smile for the camera, but I blackmailed him for the photo below. I told him I'd never push him on the swing again if he didn't say cheese and smile for me. That threat was met with a huge grin right away!





Caro, Kerry and I had a great time catching up. I love that we've all been friends for more than 25 years - I wouldn't want to imagine life without them. Oh, and I'm seriously looking forward to baby Mason #1 this summer! (Caro is due with a baby girl on July 31st).

On a random side note, I just read an e-mail from Kerry announcing that her sister had to put down her beloved Bernese Mountain dog, Deacon, last week. Adios sweet Deacon - you will be missed!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Those Burleigh kids are darn cute! Love Felton's super-sized grin!