Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What makes a Zoe? (Please vote)

I found Zoe online at a rescue shelter in Greensboro. The person who gave her up proclaimed the following two things:

1. She was the offspring of a Jack Russell Terrier and a Poodle
2. According to medical records, she was born in April of 2004

Therefore, Zoe is believed to be a 5-year-old Jack-a-poo.

I just don't quite trust the word of a dog abandoner, so the following is the skinny on Zoe.

She weighs 7.3 pounds, she has serious JRT spring and she's as smart as a whip - the best guard dog I could ever hope to have - even though I often begrudge her for her keen alertness.

By alertness, we're talking snap-judgment bark-o-rama at the slightest of door slams. While I'm ever so positive that Zoe will someday save me from a horrible fate brought on by robbery, I'd still rather she kept her yapping mouth shut most of the time.

The first two photos below are of Zoe. The 3rd photo is one I found online of a Yorkie poo (Yorkshire Terrier crossed with a Poodle), and the last photo is of a Jack-a-poo (Jack Russell Terrier crossed with a Poodle).

So what's your vote as to Zoe's origin? Yorkie poo; Jack a poo; or random scrappy yapping terrier? Please let us know by commenting. Thanks!






8 comments:

TinyRockerGrrl said...

I say Jack-a-poo. Haha..your dog has the word "poo" in her breed name. lol Or maybe she's a one of a kind breed! The Zoenator!!

BTW, that dog in the little green sweater looks too sweet for words!! And the last one looks so sad!

Jeni said...

Yorkie Poo all the way.

Malena said...

OMG! Zoe is just about the cutest thing ever! I ditto Jeni, Yorkie Poo.

samantha said...

YORKIE POO!

Jane said...

Absolutely Yorkie Poo - that 3rd photo could be Zoe! She is quite the cutie pie.

matt said...

She could be either - regardless she is a definite MIX of something. She looks like the Yorkie Poo, but not exactly. She looks like the Jack-a-poo but her coat is too smooth. Maybe you've got all three wrapped into one somehow Trace!

LA and BD said...

I think she looks like a yorkie-poo. She is so cute!

Kerry Burleigh said...

Face is definitely not like the Jack a poo - so I'd go with more of a yorkie poo, although something else must be in there too!