Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sean McNamara & Christian Troy are retiring

I’ve been a huge fan of Nip/Tuck since its premiere in 2003. While I must admit the show’s wow factor has significantly declined for me over the last two seasons, I am still not ready to see it put to rest. Too bad for me I guess, as it looks like the 6th will be the lovely doctors’ last season.

Season 1 was exceptional; Season 2 blew me away and Season 3 was pretty darn good; but the last two seasons were so-so. Actually, to be honest, the 4th season was pretty wretched. But I still hoped the momentum would pick back up as opposed to the show's cancellation.

Apparently the final episode, the 100th of the series, is scheduled to premiere in 2011. I have no idea what the delay is, as I would’ve assumed the new season would follow previous schedules: premiering October 2009 and ending December 2009. Perhaps Nip/Tuck is taking a year off and the new season won’t premiere until 2010?

In honor of the show, I’ve included a few highlighted points below:

• The schizophrenic who “wants smaller boobies!”

• The tattooed 80s freak who demands a facial reconstruction – only to be morphed into FBIs most wanted.

• The psycho who wants a tummy tuck so she can work at the likes of Hot Topic.

• THE CARVER!

• Matt’s older woman who was gorgeous, but not quite so feminine.

• The advent of Bobotox.

• Misha Collins as the man who can blow himself.

• Kimber Henry (the stunning Kelly Carlson) and all her insanity - especially her desire to inject her infant's "thin villainous lips" with restylane.

I will miss Sean and Christian when they're gone! I hope both actors have other projects in the works so that Jen and I can continue to admire their handsome mugs in the future.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Say it isn't so! Although I must say the show has gone down hill since the Carver(s) left. I'll still miss them anyway!

samantha said...

How did I miss this?! WHAT?! BOO! Drs Troy & McNamara better have future screen appearances lined up or I will be forced to replay dvds until they'll play no more!