Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer TV

As previously posted, I am ecstatic about the return of True Blood – the second season premiered Sunday June 14th. Ratings were through the roof - up something like over 150% from last year's premiere and more than 50% higher than the 1st season finale. Go Stephen Moyer, GO!

But I’m slightly curious about other shows and what you might think about them. Let me know if you have an opinion about any of those listed below.

Raising the Bar: 2nd Season. Created by Steven Bochco. Starring Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell); Gloria Reuben (ER); J. August Richards (Angel). I think I watched maybe ½ of one or two of the 1st season episodes. At the time, I couldn’t get myself to commit to yet another show, as I didn’t have a DVR until around February 2009. This reason will likely be repeated several times below.

Saving Grace: 3rd Season. Created by Nancy Miller. Starring Oscar-winner Holly Hunter (The Piano); Leon Rippy (Deadwood); Laura San Giacomo (Pretty Woman). Viewed parts of several episodes, but never picked it up completely. Again, I couldn’t commit to yet another show, as I didn’t have a DVR until around February 2009.

Hawthorne: Written by John Masius. Starring Jada Pinkett Smith (actress of many roles and Will Smith’s lovely wife). Did not watch or record the premiere last night. Anyone watch it? If so, did you love it or hate it?

Wedding Day: Reality. Description on IMDB follows: Each week, this uplifting and emotional series selects a different deserving bride from across the country and, with the help of her family and friends, makes her wedding dreams come true. WEDDING DAY comes to TNT from Mark Burnett Productions and DreamWorks Television, with executive producers Mark Burnett, Darryl Frank, Justin Falvey and Janelle Fiorito. Did not watch or record the premiere last night, although I caught a few minutes while trying to transition from reading my book to watching TV (turning mute off) and I found myself yelling, “Turn it off, turn it off unless you want to be reduced to a sobbing mess of a woman!” Anyone watch it? If so, did you love it or hate it?

If I'm missing out on something great, please let me know!

And P.S., as you surely noticed, I am a TNT JUNKIE.

4 comments:

carolinagirl said...

I have not seen any of these although I did read the first of the Sookie Stackhouse books!

teg said...

I'm going to start that book after I finish Snow Falling on Cedars :)

Chris and Mackenzie said...

Have you ever watched Dexter? Love it! I also like The Tudors and getting into Royal Pains.

teg said...

Dexter is a FAVORITE - but I don't get Showtime, so I have to depend on my friend to record and save it for me. I think I missed at least one last season.