Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Barnsie the office mascot

Barnsie was a Christmas gift from colleague Dorothy last year. He came from Barnes & Noble, wearing a green sweater with "Barnsie" embroidered on the chest in gold. She told Jen and I at the time that we were supposed to "dress" him for the changing seasons and use him as our office mascot. (Apparently another colleague has a bear that also has a revolving wardrobe, and we were to be the "competition.") While I haven't purchased any clothes for Barnsie, co-workers have outfitted him well. Actually, he's rather transgendered since he's gone from boyish to very frilly clothes and back again. Before today's new outfit, Barnsie (or Barnsietta) was wearing a skirted one-piece bathing suit and sunglasses.

Kathy bought Barnsie's Halloween attire. The shirt reads, "Little Monster," and we stuffed the witch hat with bubblewrap so it would stand up. It was Jen's idea to add the ant ornament (Christmas gift from colleague Rita last year, seen only in 2nd photo), and I think it rounds out the outfit nicely!

I'm sure I'll get chided for this post, but Barnsie really does draw his fair share of attention. I bet someone brings in a Santa suit before the end of the year!



3 comments:

Jeni said...

hahahaha! At my last job there was a coveted goose that had a different outfit for every month. It was not small and cuddly. It was rather large and I found it quite odd that they made so many different goose costumes (beak cutouts, etc.).

TinyRockerGrrl said...

The bear looks cute..I however, do not! Blegh!

Jane said...

What a cute little monster! Nice accessorizing with the ant, too. Can't wait to see Barnsie's next outfit!