Monday, October 27, 2008

Recycled glass earrings

I am a member of Aveda's Pure Privilege program, and these were my first rewards purchase. Joining Pure Privilege is worth it, even if you only shop there once or twice a year. The one-time sign-up fee is only $10 and for that you get a free gift. When I joined I got a small cosmetic bag filled with travel sizes of Shampure shampoo and conditioner, as well as foot and hand lotion. (Shampure ROCKS by the way).

As a member, you earn 10 points for each dollar you spend. You also have the opportunity a few times a year to get double points on purchases. These earrings were "purchased" for 2500 points, but at least 750 of those were earned via double points. So while I would not spend $175 on these earrings, I was happy to earn them for my purchases equivalent to $175 in Aveda products over more than a year and a half!

As you can see by the label, the earrings were produced by Smart Glass, but the glass used was Aveda bottle glass.

I love that they are relatively unique and made from recycled materials. You can choose from a few different colors, I think there is a moss green color and also clear. But aside from these earrings, Aveda offers many wonderful rewards for being a valued customer. I encourage anyone who uses Aveda products to join!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

What a great idea. Cool earrings!

samantha said...

Ditto what Jeni said!