Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tar Heels 29, Fighting Irish 24

Saturday was a BIG game, and while I was worried throughout the entire game, the Heels came out on top. The stands were packed - 60,500 fans - which tied as the third highest attendance in Kenan history.

Check out all the Carolina BLUE!


Saturdays victory also gave the Heels their best season start since 1997, their first win as a ranked team in the AP top 25 since January 1998, and their first victory over Notre Dame since 1960!

At the half, the score was 17-9, with all of our points coming from Casey Barth's talent for scoring field goals. Then things quickly began to go in our favor up until the last few seconds - literally. The Tar Heels even rushed the field, thinking they had won, only to be called back into play for the final three seconds again. While the final play was being reviewed, Maria and I took a few photos.

We don't appear to be stressed out, but there's one with Todd in the background, where he looks a bit concerned!




So the day was fabulous. I tailgated with Kerry and friends, the weather was pleasant, I got to visit the John W. Pope Stadium Box (thanks Joseph!) and the Tar Heels won! But the day was also LONG. Post-college roommate Kile was in town with her family, so after I got home from the game I went to visit her at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham. I made sure to leave my CAROLINA tshirt on for my trip to DOOK country. Will post photos from that visit later on...

1 comment:

samantha said...

Yes, it was a BIG game and a BIG win!!! GO HEELS!