Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My New Addiction: Laura's Wholesome Junk Food

These little "cookies" are delicious! Like my friend Kerry says, it's hard not to eat the whole container in one sitting! Laura's Wholesome Junk Food is all-natural; contains no hydrogenated oils, artificial colors or flavors; and is cholesterol-free. And for you celiacs out there, LWJF is also virtually gluten-free. (See their gluten and allergen test results).

The negatives are limited, albeit annoying: LWJF is overpriced (average cost is $5.99 for a 7 oz container, approx. 14 bite-lettes) and relatively hard to find. I've only found LWJF at Whole Foods and Harris Teeter. Oh, and the bite-lettes look a bit like little mounds of poo. Photo of my favorite, Grandma's Gingerbread below.



Still, you know this stuff is likely to be good for you - it was invented by a real medical doctor. Even the biggest junk food junkies will love this stuff. When I gave one to my niece (7-year-old Abby), she loved it! I guess she's not the best example as she enjoys pretty nutritious foods for the most part, but I'd be surprised if even the pickiest of eaters don't love LWJF.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Hmmmmmmm. Sounds tempting!

How many calories, fiber, fat grams, etc?

teg said...

Jeni: the below is for Grandma's Gingerbread. You can find this info for all flavors on the web site (link in blog post). I've had Oatmeal Raisin, too.

Serv size:2 Bitelettes (~25g), Servings per pkg. ~7

Per Serving: Calories 100, Fat Cal. 35, Total Fat 4g (6% DV), Sat. Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 105 (4% DV), Total Carbs 14g (5% DV) Dietary Fiber 1g (4%) Sugars 8g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (6% DV). Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Jeni said...

Not bad!

jill said...

I'm a little behind on the blog but I absolutely love Laura's Junkfood. Being wheat free and craving sweets still, this munchie hits the spot!

Hope you're good! Call if you have time next time you're in town, we'll share some firefly.