Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sunset playground and a Tonka truck ride

Last night after my regular workout I was happy to find Kerry, along with Felton and Sydney at the neighborhood playground. I was even more excited about the fact that Sydney did not wail in terror as soon as she saw me. She is my goddaughter but not fond of people she doesn't see every day. Thankfully, last night she extended a reprieve. No screaming, and I tried to tell myself that her hand pats at the bench next to her were an invitation for me to sit by her, although I did not risk it!

I did manage to get some pics of Felton playing big brother. Apparently Sydney's only interest in the playground involved eating the mulch, so Kerry decided to sit her in the Tonka and let Felton push her around in it. This worked out well!




Once Felton reached the sandbox, he left Sydney beached on the edge and went on his way. I got a cute photo and then tried to push her back to mommy myself. Felton immediately turned and said, "Don't push her!" Apparently he wanted to do it himself, and soon returned to carry out the task.




In the last photo, I'm not sure what Felton was doing, but I loved the look of concentration on his face. It reminded me of when he crouches to contemplate a shot (like daddy) during a golf game.

5 comments:

Kerry Burleigh said...

Thanks for the great photos Tracey

Jeni said...

Adorable photos of him pushing her in the truck! Awwwww, I'm curious how she reacts in public places like stores? Does she scream at everyone there or just go silent?

teg said...

She doesn't scream AT people, she just gets nervous when people APPROACH her when she's being held by Kerry. I think in her mind that means, "mommy's getting ready to leave me with that person..." I'm sure it's just a stage. I'd rather her be afraid of people she doesn't recognize right away than to openly embrace a stranger...especially since she can't talk yet! I'd be heartbroken if she reacted that way to only me, but that's not the case so I'm used to it now. :)

samantha said...

Can you say C-U-T-E, don't you wish you looked like me? (in this case Felton and Sydney)
Cute, absolutely cute!

Jeni said...

Ah I see, well that makes sense!