Friday, October 3, 2008

Carolina Blue Skies

Yesterday's weather was absolutely perfect - crisp, cool, and sunny with clear blue skies. Since I get to work from home on Thursdays, I was able to enjoy it a bit more than if I'd been at the office (where I don't have a single window and I'm on the third floor so quick outdoor breaks aren't possible). Here's the view of the sky from my driveway.



My windows were opened all of Wednesday night and yesterday, but my hair stayed straight and my eyes weren't running or puffy - this translates to no humidity and low allergen levels in the air. Too bad it's going to be 80 degrees again next week. I wish fall would get here already!

If you read the post from September 24th, then you know what Zoe is doing in the next two photos. Her ears are pricked in the first one because my crazy neighbor had just slammed his car door. Zoe hates that neighbor, and I'm not wild about him either. He's the one who rearranges my recycling and always loiters in my yard. Oh, and he barks and lunges at Zoe when I walk her. He thinks it's funny, but one of these days I'm going to let her go and then he won't be laughing! Maybe I'll even train her to sic balls like Chopper.


4 comments:

Jeni said...

I definitely have to watch Stand By Me this weekend now :)

It takes a big man to taunt a small animal. Your neighbor sounds like an ass. Unfortunately all neighborhoods have them. Let me ask you this, does he park in his lawn?

teg said...

He doesn't park in his lawn, but he does often park a van in the DEAD CENTER of the cul-de-sac. Technically, it doesn't block anybody in, but it annoys the SH*T out of me.

Jane said...

Stand By Me!!! A personal favorite.
Yes, I think hearing, "Zoe, sic balls!" might keep your neighbor at a distance. hahaha

matt said...

That neighbor needs a swift kick in the buns...or maybe a snip at the balls! Let Zoe go at him!