Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tar Heels 38, Huskies 12

The Heels were ON last night! The highlight of the game for me was watching defensive lineman Marvin Austin score a touchdown. Those guys aren't meant to run, but he sure did.

After searching for Bailey for most of the morning, I was due for some fun and games, and NO dogs. Bro, Maria, Abby and I met up with the Cuthrells for some pre-game tailgating. Brendan and Jackson (JC and Corey's kids) are adorable, and quite the mischevious ones, as you can see below. First we have Brendan, Jackson and Abby. Then there's Jackson with "blue icing lipstick." He was quite methodical in rubbing his cupcake across his lips in order to get the maximum amount of icing possible on his mouth.




Then we have the ladies: Maria, myself and Corey. Corey brought along some kind of fabulous liquor that tastes like sweet tea and had a pretty good kick. It was delicious - thanks Corey!


Abby and me, waiting for the rest of the fans to arrive.



I put some of my treasured Lemon Lip Butter (C.O. Bigelow, Bath & Body Works) on Abby so she felt the need to pucker up for the camera. She wanted us all to do the same, and we did take pictures but they're not posted here because Abby's "pucker face" is much cuter than any of the rest of ours!



Abby trekked almost all the way around Kenan Stadium with me to visit Kerry and Robert, whose seats are almost directly opposite ours, but the path there is rather convoluted. I might not have been so irritated about this if I hadn't watched a "security guard" let a plain-clothesed man and his child cut through the end zone, only to immediately tell me, "No, you can't go through here." Per his instructions, I then had to weave through a sea of drunken students (not to put them down, I was one of them once, but would prefer to shield Abby from them). Abby was a champ, never any less than the happiest kid on a field trip, but I must say that I found it preposterous that in order to reach a destination closer in length than 1/2 the football field, we were forced to walk at least 250 yards to reach my friends.

As Abby and I were walking back to our seats, I think we missed two Tar Heel touchdowns. We definitely missed at least one, because she and I heard the fireworks and the announcer screaming "Touchdown, Carolina!" With all the cheering, Abby looked up at me and said, "Something good must've just happened!" I told her, "indeed," and then we proceeded to yell, "Touchdown, Carolina!" over and over. Then Abby stopped me to say, "We're gonna win this game!" And she was right.

5 comments:

samantha said...

That game was fabulous - too bad for Abby it went so late, but it sounds like she had fun anyway!
Perfect weather for tailgating, too. Wish I could've been there!

jill said...

You must of been drinking Firefly Vodka, straight out of Wadmalaw Island in Charleston. It's the best drink invention ever. I'm so glad that it is now being spread around the country.

That was an awesome game!

teg said...

Yep! That was it. Corey mixed it with lemonade...SOOOO yummy!

TinyRockerGrrl said...

Abby is such a little model already.. Todd better watch out!!

And I REALLY want to try this alkeehawl you're talking about! Yum! :)

Jane said...

CUTE kids! Those blue eyes on Jackson are going to be dangerous. Keep those dogs of yours under control, okay?!